This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Air Fryer Shrimp are easy to make and absolutely irresistible. They’re lightly crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and packed with flavor. Enjoy these on their own with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce – or stuffed into tacos, or atop a salad or grits!
The Best Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
If you’re looking for an easy, quick, and delicious way to cook shrimp, Air Fryer Shrimp is it. These seasoned shrimp are made with 5 ingredients in less than 15 minutes!
Succulent shrimp are seasoned super simply with fresh garlic and Old Bay seasoning, and then cooked quickly in the air fryer until tender on the inside, lightly crispy on the outside.
Once I realized just how easy it is to make a platter of delicious shrimp, this has been on repeat. The shrimp are perfect for an appetizer or light meal with tartar sauce, but they also make a flavorful addition to pasta dishes, salads, and even grits!
Why Cook Shrimp in the Air Fryer?
Why is this air fryer shrimp on my current favorites list? Here are a few reasons.
- Quick & easy to make. This recipe is ready in 15 minutes!
- Minimal clean-up. You’ll just need to wash the bowl you toss the shrimp and seasonings in, plus the air fryer basket.
- Crispy without much oil. These shrimp turn perfectly lightly crispy without being fried in a pot oil.
- Super flavorful. Old Bay seasoning is always great but I think the cooking method makes it even better!
You only need 5 ingredients to make yummy seasoned shrimp in the air fryer. Besides the shrimp, everything’s a pantry staple.
- Shrimp – I’m using medium-sized (20-25 count) raw shrimp in this recipe. Keep in mind that you’ll need to adjust the cooking time if you use bigger/smaller shrimp.
- Olive oil – Olive oil helps the shrimp crisp in the air fryer, plus helps the seasoning stick to the shrimp.
- Garlic – Garlic pairs well with shrimp and I use quite a bit of it in this recipe. Grate the garlic on a microplane (rather than mincing it), to make sure the garlic evenly coats the shrimp.
- Salt – Salt season the shrimp so it tastes perfect. Use kosher or sea salt.
- Old Bay – Old Bay is a classic seafood seasoning mix – it’s an easy, delicious way to add a little spice and an earthy, almost floral, flavor.
Can I Use Different Seasoning?
I love the flavor of Old Bay shrimp, it’s just so versatile and classic. But, yes, of course, you can switch up the seasoning if you prefer! Try taco seasoning, cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, or whatever your favorite seasoning is on your air fryer shrimp.
How to Make Air Fryer Shrimp
This is one of the easiest shrimp recipes you’ll ever make. Ready in less than 15 minutes!
- Prepare the shrimp. Dry the shrimp with a paper towel. Toss with olive oil, grated garlic, salt, and Old Bay.
- Air fry. Place the shrimp in a single layer and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. The shrimp should be firm and pink/white in color, no longer opaque.
- Enjoy. Enjoy immediately with homemade tartar sauce or cocktail sauce, or add them to other dishes!
Tips for Success
This old bay shrimp comes together very easily, but here are a few tips to ensure the best shrimp experience possible.
- Use raw shrimp. While many recipes can sub in pre-cooked shrimp, this one does require raw shrimp for the most tender, succulent eating.
- Make sure to dry the shrimp. For the oil and seasoning to stick to the shrimp, it’s important to pat the shrimp dry first.
- Do I need to flip the shrimp? Since the air fryer circulates the air, I do not find it necessary to flip the shrimp in the middle of cooking.
- How do you know when shrimp is done? Shrimp is done when it has a firm texture and is no longer translucent. It should turn from somewhat “see-through” looking to white and/or pink.
- Cook in multiple batches if needed. The shrimp need to be in a single layer in the air fryer basket, so you may need to do two or three batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
There are many ways to serve these air fryer shrimp!
You can serve them with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce as an appetizer or light meal, toss them in a salad, or enjoy them over grits. You can also use them to make shrimp tacos or taco bowls. Or serve them as a main course of a larger meal, with rice and veggies. They’d also make a great addition to pasta, especially garlic pasta or alfredo.
Basically, you can add them to any dish you’d normally add shrimp to, or make them the star of the show themselves.
How to Store
Store leftover shrimp in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days. Note that shrimp has a tendency to become rubbery when reheated. I recommend reheating them quickly in the air fryer for the best results, or minimally in the microwave or in a hot skillet on the stovetop. Or just enjoy them cold in salads and wraps!
More Shrimp Recipes:
Like this recipe? Save it to Pinterest!
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay
- Fresh lemon wedges and chopped parsley, for garnish
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, grated garlic, salt, and Old Bay. Toss to evenly coat the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook at 400° F for 8-10 minutes, or just until the shrimp are firm and no longer opaque (shrimp will not have the translucent appearance, they will turn white/pink in color). You may need to cook the shrimp in batches depending on the size of your air fryer basket.
- Enjoy these shrimp with my homemade tartar sauce or cocktail sauce for dipping!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 100Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 741mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 11g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.