When it comes to comfort food, it’s hard to beat a big bowl of cheesy stuffed shells. This classic Italian dish is the perfect combination of pasta, cheese, and savory meat or vegetables. And the best part? It’s so easy to make at home.
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook pasta shells according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef or turkey over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Stir in marinara sauce and bring to a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Stuff each cooked pasta shell with a heaping tablespoon of the meat mixture. Place shells in a baking dish.
- Top shells with the cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve warm with chopped basil on top, if desired.
This recipe is a classic that never goes out of style. It’s perfect for a cozy night in, a dinner party, or a potluck. The combination of pasta, meat, and cheese is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. And the best part? It’s so easy to make at home. And with the options of different meats and vegetables, it can be a versatile dish, perfect for vegetarians or meat lovers alike.
So next time you’re looking for a comforting and satisfying meal, give cheesy stuffed shells a try. They’re sure to become a new family favorite!